I purchased a brand new SentriLock lockbox and am trying to take ownership of the lockbox. But when I press the ENT button on the lockbox, nothing happens. What do I do now?
- Please verify that bluetooth is enabled in your phone's Settings app. You'll also need to verify that the SentriKey app permissions in your phone's Settings app grant the SentriKey app the ability to use bluetooth, location data, and cellular service.
a. iPhone Bluetooth and Location Data: To ensure that bluetooth is turned on when using an iPhone, open the Settings app. And scroll down in Settings to find Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is off here, turn on Bluetooth.
b. Next, scroll down within your iPhone's Settings app to find and tap on SentriKey RE. Ensure that within the SentriKey RE settings Bluetooth is toggled on and green. You'll also want to make sure that Cellular Data is toggled on and that Location While Using is enabled.
a. Android Bluetooth and Location Data: To ensure that bluetooth is turned on for your Android phone, swipe down from the top of the Android to reveal a quick menu. (A double down swipe may be required.) If Bluetooth is off, tap the Bluetooth symbol to turn on. When turned on, the Bluetooth symbol will be white with a blue background.
b. Next, on your Android, open the Settings app. Then within Settings, tap Apps. Within Apps, tap the SentriKey app. Then tap Permissions. If your Android phone enables you to deny or allow permissions for the SentriKey app, you'll find what is allowed and denied here in Permissions. Ensure that the permissions for Bluetooth and Location are set to Allow within the Permissions menu.
- Make sure that you're following steps 1-6 from the "How do I purchase a SentriLock lockbox and take ownership of the lockbox?" section of the SentriLock: Membership, Lockbox Purchase, and Lockbox Transfer guide found by clicking here when attempting to take ownership of your new lockbox.
- If you've verified you've done all of the above and are still unable to take possession of the lockbox, please completely quit the SentriKey app. Don't minimize the app, but instead completely exit out of the application.
a. To quit an iPhone app: Swipe up and hold from the bottom of the iPhone screen until you see a card view where each app open displays as a card. Release your hand from the screen. You should still see the app cards at this point.
b. Swipe the SentriKey app up completely off of the screen in order to quit the SentriKey app.
a. To quit an Android app: Tap the three lines (Overview) button in the lower left or lower right hand corner of your screen.
b. After tapping Overview, you'll see your recently opened apps. Swipe the SentriKey app up off of the screen to quit the app.
- After exiting the iPhone or Android SentriKey app, reopen the SentriKey app. And once more, attempt the take ownership steps found in the SentriLock: Membership, Lockbox Purchase, and Lockbox Transfer guide located here.
- If pressing ENT still does nothing after re-launching the app and following the recommended steps within the aforementioned guide please contact SentriLock support by dialing 513-618-5800. SentriLock's support staff will be able to troubleshoot the issue further and resolve the problem.
Caution: Bluetooth and location services aren't only mandatory for taking ownership of a lockbox. Bluetooth and location services are mandatory for ALL SentriKey actions including opening a lockbox.
So, no matter what you're doing within the SentriKey app, to ensure success make sure that you always have bluetooth and location services enabled by following the steps in the guide above. And as an additional troubleshooting step, if encountering an issue with the SentriKey app not functioning as expected for any SentriKey action, try completely exiting the app as described in the guide above. Then reopen the app and try the SentriKey action again.
Help! My SentriLock key compartment was left open. And now I can't get the key compartment to shut again. What do I do now?
- If your key compartment is left open for an extended period of time instead of the key compartment being shut after the key is removed, it's possible that the key compartment motor may no longer be active. And therefore, it will appear as if the lockbox is broken and that the key compartment can't be closed.
- To fix this issue, simply follow the steps listed below that you'd normally take to open the lockbox using the SentriKey app.
a. On your phone, log in to the SentriKey application.
b. After logging in, stay on the SentriKey app home page..
c. Next, press the ENT button on the lockbox keypad to wake the lockbox up.
d. After pressing the ENT button, the SentriKey app will ask you to verify your identity with your SentriKey PIN, Touch ID, or Face ID. After verifying your identity, the app will notify you that the key compartment is opening. This is when the lockbox motor will turn on! (For a more detailed instruction on opening lockboxes that includes pictures click here.)
e. Once the motor turns on you'll hear a motor humming noise. After the humming noise, you'll be able shut your lockbox key compartment normally.
f. Press the key compartment closed. The lockbox key compartment will clamp shut as intended.
- In the unlikely event that the above steps do not fix the key compartment issue, please contact SentriLock support directly by dialing 513-618-5800 in order to troubleshoot further.
I'm at a showing with a client, and I can't get the lockbox to open. What's the quickest way to resolve this so that my client can see the home?
1. In a business scenario like showing a home where every moment counts, we'd recommend calling SentriLock support immediately by dialing 513-618-5800 if you can't get the lockbox on the property to open. For Realtracs users, SentriLock's knowledgeable support staff is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. to assist with troubleshooting.
Please note that all instructions below this point in the guide DO NOT APPLY to Clarksville Association of REALTORS®, Middle Tennessee Association of REALTORS®, and Southern Middle TN Association of REALTORS® members due to these three associations holding their own separate SentriLock market lockbox databases.
If you are a member of one of the three aforementioned REALTOR® associations and are experiencing an issue with a lockbox, please first contact SentriLock Support by dialing 513-618-5800 to troubleshoot the issue. If help from your association is needed, SentriLock's support will direct you to contact your association during the phone call.
What do I do if I'm the owner of a lockbox that IS NOT currently shackled to a property (meaning the lockbox IS physically in my possession), and my lockbox is slow, sluggish, or makes no noise when pressing ENT repeatedly?
- It is likely that the lockbox you have needs new batteries in order to function correctly. The lockbox may also need it's clock reset or its firmware updated.
- To resolve, please bring your lockbox to the Realtracs office located at 301 Seven Springs Way Suite 100, Brentwood, TN 37027 in order to have the lockbox batteries replaced. Lockbox battery replacements are available for $10. If the issue is not fully resolved after a battery replacement, while at the Realtracs office contact SentriLock support directly by dialing 513-618-5800 for further troubleshooting.
What do I do if I'm the owner of a lockbox that IS NOT currently shackled to a property (meaning the lockbox IS physically in my possession), and my lockbox returns a red error light or beeps strangely when pressing ENT.
- It is likely that the lockbox in your possession needs its clock reset or a firmware update to resolve the issue. However, the lockbox may also need its battery replaced as well.
- In order to determine the source of the error and know how to resolve, please contact SentriLock support by dialing 513-618-5800.
- SentriLock's support staff may be able to assist you solely over the phone and solve the issue during the call. However, for some troubleshooting, a power paddle, batteries, a battery pack, or screwdriver may be needed.
- If SentriLock support determines that any of the tools above are needed to fix the issue, please travel to the Realtracs office located at 301 Seven Springs Way Suite 100, Brentwood, TN 37027 in order to gain access to the troubleshooting tools.
- Realtracs staff will be able to provide you with the necessary equipment so that you can call SentriLock support back while in office and resolve the issue.
What do I do if I'm the owner of a lockbox that IS currently shackled to a property and I can't get the lockbox shackle to open in order to detach the lockbox from the property?
a. For SentriGuard Lockboxes
In the unlikely event that the SentriGuard box does have a battery issue or mechanical failure present, a defect ticket will be made within Sentrilock's website for Realtracs support staff to see. And SentriLock's support staff will instruct the lockbox owner how to activate a small backup battery (contained inside the lockbox) so that the owner can unshackle the box and take the SentriGuard lockbox to the Realtracs office located at 301 Seven Springs Way Suite 100, Brentwood, TN 37027. Under warranty, Realtracs staff will replace the SentriGuard box after verifying that a defect ticket has been filed by SentriLock.
b. For SentriLock Lockboxes with a Tan Front and Card Slot or SentriLock Lockboxes with a Tan Front and No Card Slot: (Both tan lockbox types look like the photo below. While they may look similar, the bottom of some tan lockboxes do not contain a slot designed to house and scan a SentriCard. Please examine and note the lockbox type that you have.)
For owners of both tan lockbox types: If you're already physically at the lockbox's location, please call SentriLock support by dialing 513-618-5800. If the issue is being caused by a clock reset or firmware update need, SentriLock's support team may be able to resolve the issue solely during the phone call without a battery replacement. However, if SentriLock support determines that you need a battery replacement, please travel to the Realtracs office located at 301 Seven Springs Way Suite 100, Brentwood, TN 37027 to acquire the correct tools and batteries needed as described below
For tan front lockboxes with NO card slot, you'll need to purchase batteries, checkout a screwdriver, obtain a battery pack, and receive a rubber band from the Realtracs office staff in order to successfully change your battery on location. Once you've obtained the necessary items from Realtracs, travel back to the lockbox location and call SentriLock support again by dialing 513-618-5800. SentriLock's support team will instruct you how to replace the batteries and remove the shackle. After replacing the batteries, you must return the screwdriver to the Realtracs office.
For tan front lockboxes WITH a card slot, you'll need to purchase batteries, check out a power paddle, checkout a screwdriver, and receive a rubber band from Realtracs office staff in order to successfully change your battery on location. Once you've obtained the necessary items from Realtracs, travel back to the lockbox location and call SentriLock support again by dialing 513-618-5800. SentriLock's support team will instruct you how to replace the batteries and remove the shackle. After replacing the batteries, you must return the power paddle and screwdriver to the Realtracs office..
Note: For tan front lockbox owners who are not physically at the lockbox's location when receiving news from a showing agent that their lockbox is unresponsive and that the lockbox makes no noise when pressing ENT repeatedly, we recommend the owner traveling to Realtracs office first in order to obtain a battery replacement kit as described above before traveling to the lockbox's physical location.
Note: If a SentriGuard or Tan SentriLock lockbox shackled to a property is unable to be removed by SentriLock's support team, if the lockbox is under warranty, and if SentriLock's support team deems the lockbox defective by creating a defect ticket SentriLock will send a locksmith to cut the lockbox off the property.
After the locksmith has cut the shackle to remove the lockbox from the home, either the locksmith or the lockbox owner must take the lockbox to the Realtracs office located at 301 Seven Springs Way Suite 100, Brentwood, TN 37027. Once received by Realtracs, lockboxes under warranty will be replaced free of charge.